Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pesto grilled cheese

I love grilled cheese.
I am always looking for new ways to make grilled cheese.
I love pesto.
I am always looking for new ways to make pesto.

Light going off in my head..........PESTO GRILLED CHEESE

Pesto
Toast 1/4 cup of pine nuts in a small pan.  Don't worry your nose will know when they are done.  Fill your food processor with fresh spinach.  Yes, to the top, don't worry it will blend down a lot.  Add the toasted pine nuts, a mashed garlic clove, and a handful of parmesan cheese.  (I know, precise measurements right?)  Blend till completely chopped.  While the processor is on drizzle olive oil in till just combined. 

Grilled cheese
Lightly toast 2 slices of bread, I used 12 grain (so GOOD).  Spread pesto on both sides of the bread and add 2 slices of muenster cheese (or whatever you like).  Lightly butter a skillet over med low heat, and heat both sides of the sandwich till browned lightly.  This wont take long since you already toasted the bread, just long enough to melt cheese.  Cut in half and enjoy the ooey, gooey, cheesy goodness that is your pesto grilled cheese!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment